Indulging in delicious food is a lot of fun, but some greens with every meal are important to keep your body in balance. This is a super quick preparation for either kale or collard greens – and it is great to complement your Turkey Leftover Brunch! This recipe gently steams the greens. You can also serve them raw as a salad – in that case consider cutting them very finely and marinating them in the dressing in the fridge for a couple of hours to tenderize them.
· 1 bunch of kale or collards (or two… I usually plan with 1/4lb per person for a long brunch), finely chopped
· Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Hot Sauce “Beaver Dam Pepper”
· 1 Braeburn or Pink Lady apple, thinly sliced (optional)
· almond, slithered (optional)
(1) In a large pot that fits a colander (or a pasta pot), bring two inches of water to boil. Insert the colander and add the chopped greens. Cover with a lid.
(2) After 5 minutes, gently toss the greens in the colander to mix them up, and steam for another 5-10 minutes or to your desired level of tenderness.
(3) Transfer to a serving plate and dress with a couple of tablespoons of Scrumptious Pantry Hot Sauce Beaver Dam Pepper. If wanted, you can also mix in some finely sliced apples and slithered almonds.
Check our other recipe ideas for your Turkey Day Leftover Feast