If you are more the fan of open face sandwiches or are not a big fan of Turkey slider in pretzel buns – this version uses crumpets as a vehicle for the turkey and gravy. The addition of raddicchio makes this a fresh and light recipe. Talking about raddicchio: if you prefer less gluten in your life or are following the paleo diet, you can also use these nicely bitter salad leaves to create a wrap with the same ingredients.
· 10 oz turkey meat, pulled or shredded
· ½ cup gravy
· ½ cup cranberry sauce
· 6 crumpets
· 6 tsp Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Hot Sauce “Chiltepin”
· zest of 1/2 orange (optional)
· 6 leaves of fresh raddicchio
(1) While you warm the crumpets on a griddle, warm the gravy in a pan over medium heat together with the meat.
(2) In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce into the cranberry sauce, it should not be hot, but have an earthy, slightly spicy aftertaste.
(3) If you have no orange in your cranberry sauce, you might want to add some orange zest.
(4) Again – taste for yourself! Assemble crumpets on a leave of raddicchio, top with meat and cranberry sauce and serve while still warm.