This tasty slider sandwich is part of our Thanksgiving Leftover Brunch Recipe Collection. The richness of the turkey and gravy is balanced with the acidity of the cranberry and a little earthy kick of the Chiltepin Pepper – it pairs wonderfully with the robust flavors of the pretzel bun.
· 10 oz turkey meat, pulled or shredded (there is often a lot of meat left on the bird after carving – make sure to get it all off!)
· ½ cup gravy
· ½ cup cranberry sauce (or Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Preserve Ben Lear Cranberry Sauce)
· 6 mini pretzel buns
· 6 tsp Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Hot Sauce “Chiltepin”
· zest of 1/2 orange (optional)
(1) While toasting the pretzel buns, warm the gravy in a pan over medium heat together with the meat.
(2) In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce into the cranberry sauce, it should not be hot, but have an earthy, slightly spicy aftertaste.
(3) If you have no orange in your cranberry sauce, you might want to add some orange zest.
(4) Taste for yourself! Assemble the sliders and serve while still warm.
Looking for more ideas, check out the complete collection!