When it is cold outside, a little soup is just lovely. In this setting, it is the perfect occasion to use the leftovers of your squash or pumpkin side. The sweetness of the squash gets perfectly complemented by the light and nutty coconut milk. The robust earthy notes of the Chiltepin grounds the recipe with just a little heat.
· 2-3 cups roasted squash or pumpkin (cubed or pureed)
· 16 oz coconut milk
· 1 tsp coriander seed, ground (omit if your squash already has coriander in the original recipe)
· zest of 1 orange
· 4 tsp Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Hot Sauce “Chiltepin”
· salt to taste
(1) Set aside ¼ cup of coconut milk. In a blender, mix remaining coconut milk with squash, ½ cup water (more if mixture is too thick), coriander and orange zest.
(2) Transfer into a pot and warm over medium heat.
(3) Thin out w. water to preferred texture and correct for salt.
(4) To serve, fill into 8 oz mason jars or shot glasses, top off with a layer of coconut milk and finish with a drizzle of Heirloom Hot sauce Chiltepin.