Nachos are a fabulous thing. They tickle all senses with their ultimate ingredient mix of crunchy & creamy, hot & cold, acidic & fatty, spicy & fruity … it is a glorious party in your mouth!
The only disadvantage of the classic preparation: it is cold. And in the depth of winter I personally do not like to eat cold foods. So I created this recipe for Winter Nachos – a tasty nacho creation straight out of the oven. I like to use my Cranberry Crockpot Chicken (recipe here) to ooze over the tortilla chips, but you can also use a classic pulled pork!
(1) 1/4 bag Tortilla Chips (1/4lb) – make sure they are GMO free!!
(2) 1 cup Cranberry Crockpot Chicken (or pulled pork)
(3) 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I prefer feta for this dish over cheddar etc because of its higher acidity!)
(4) 1/4 cup pickled sweet corn (or fresh)
(5) 2 Tbsp chopped Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Pickled Beaver Dam Peppers
(6) Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Hot Sauce Chiltepin to taste
(7) Fresh lime
Layer tortilla chips and Cranberry Crockpot Chicken (or pulled pork) on a baking sheet. Top with crumbled feta cheese and bake in a 450F oven for 10 min or till the cheese is browned and the meat on top is a little crispy. Take out of oven, sprinkle with chopped pickled Beaver Dam Peppers and sweet corn. Finish with a squeeze of lime and Heirloom Hot Sauce Chiltepin.